Are you interested in a long term CONTRACT HR role? If you are a Worker's Compensation Specialist who thrives in working in a large employee population, then our Westport client may be ideal for you! You will be in charge of ensuring appropriate and timely reporting, investigation, case management, and improving customer safety results. DOE: $25-30 per hour. Remote role for the next few weeks.
IMPORTANT: Due to the Covid – 19 virus, all roles are on a TEMPORARY HOLD. However, we are still “pipelining” candidates, which means we encourage you to send us your resume. We want to be at the ready when the market springs back to 100% - AND IT WILL…So please connect with us!
- Build worker’s compensation database to include the details of each claim for analysis and case management purposes
- Manage claims process
- Educate and communicate processes with employee population
- Provide monthly summary to Human Resources (HR) and Operations Team with detailed breakdown of work-related incidents, associated costs, and next steps
- Partner with Corporate HR Team as needed
- Attend safety committee meetings with focus on high risk areas
- Educate communities on OSHA requirements and reporting guidelines
- Review OSHA logs by community to ensure accuracy
- Ensure OSHA reports are completed and posted timely
- Provide communities with ongoing support and training with Worker’s Compensation, General Liability and the Fleet Program
- Act as a liaison between Worker's Compensation Providers and Business Partners
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of Workers Compensation or related experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of Workers’ Compensation claims management related laws and medical and legal terminology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and written with employees and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others’ perspectives
- Experience using analytics and software to solve questions and challenges
- Possess advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please note, all resumes will be reviewed and considered; however, only candidates whose
resumes match our clients' job specifications will be contacted.
In order to expedite consideration of your candidacy, please be sure to include your resume with